How Much Auto Liability Coverage Do I Need?
The short answer is the minimum amount that is legally required in your state, plus some more coverage.
The wise answer is enough coverage to protect you from paying expenses out-of-pocket. Many drivers choose to carry full coverage car insurance for this reason.
When deciding on your coverage amount, you choose how much to protect your finances and assets. Think of it as a protective moat between your money and any claims against you—the greater the coverage, the wider the moat. Asking yourself questions about the risks you are taking, and answering honestly, can help you determine your coverage amount balanced by the premiums you’ll pay.
- How much savings do I have?
- How much are my assets worth, like my house?
- If I only have minimum car insurance, is that enough to protect my savings and assets?
- If I’m injured in an accident and unable to work, how much savings do I have to sustain my lifestyle after paying any out-of-pocket expenses for the accident and my own medical bills?
- Will my health insurance coverage help pay for medical costs caused by a car accident?
Freeway Insurance agents are skilled at helping you decide how much insurance you need for yourself and your budget.
Get Affordable Liability Insurance Quotes Online Today
Liability insurance is essential for any driver and it doesn’t have to be complicated. Freeway Insurance can help you get covered with an online quote, a quick phone call at 800-777-5620, or a helpful visit to an office near you.