As of February 5, 2020, all Windhaven insurance policies are canceled. If you are a former Windhaven Insurance customer, Freeway Insurance can help with the transition. Simply call 877-729-1472 for assistance.
Below find everything you need to know about this change and how we can help you transition to another policy that meets your needs.
Liquidation of Windhaven Insurance Company
On December 12, 2019, Windhaven Insurance Company (“Windhaven”) was ordered into receivership for purposes of rehabilitation by the Second Judicial Circuit Court in Leon County, Florida. The Florida Department of Financial Services (“Department”) is the court-appointed Receiver of Windhaven. On December 30, 2019, the Court entered an order liquidating Windhaven effective on January 6, 2020. A copy of the liquidation order for Windhaven is available on the Department’s website.
Please be advised of the following:
- Windhaven insurance policies are canceled effective 12:01 a.m. February 5, 2020, unless otherwise terminated prior to that date.
- The Florida Insurance Guaranty Association (“FIGA”) will pay covered unearned premium claims after the Department completes its processing of the policy records and sends the unearned premium records to FIGA. A $100 statutory deductible will be applied to the refund.
- With the entry of the liquidation order, FIGA was activated to help pay outstanding claims for Windhaven policies. The processing and payment of pending covered claims will be made by FIGA (subject to the lesser of policy limits or FIGA’s maximum cap).
- The deadline for filing claims in the Windhaven receivership is January 6, 2021. A policyholder may file a claim in the Windhaven receivership for the $100 statutory deductible which applies to the claim payments, for amounts over the FIGA coverage cap or for other claims not covered by FIGA.
- Information regarding the method for filing a claim in the receivership proceeding will be available on the Department’s website.
Why Freeway Insurance?
You’re in good hands when you choose Freeway Insurance, and here are a few reasons why:
- Freeway is recognized as a brand you can trust and has been helping drivers save money on auto insurance for over 30 years
- We offer a wide range of affordable auto insurance options — from the most basic to premium
- We help high-risk drivers who have been turned down elsewhere due to tickets, accidents, DUI, or SR-22 requirements obtain affordable auto insurance
- Over 500 convenient office locations where you can pay your bill or discuss your policy
- English and Spanish-speaking agents available to answer your questions in person or by phone
Call Us Today For An Affordable, Quality Policy
Freeway Insurance can help you transition to an affordable, quality insurance policy that meets your needs. Please call us at 877-729-1472 and reference your Windhaven policy so that our agents can assist you.